Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Reporting from the Couch

So I've stayed homes sick this week. Coughing and downing a constant stream of tea will kill creativity for sure. I'm waiting on a piece of wood from my Dad anyways before I can do any more work on Ben's Chair and he not coming to town until this weekend. 

I did, however, go to a couple local Thrift Stores (Thrift Land, Cheap, Cheap, and a third I can't think of the name with all the herbal mess I've managed to drink already this morning). I decided I was going to look for a dress or skirt that had a fabric I liked for the upholstery on the chair. My friend Sarah pulled out this fabulous Mexican MooMoo (or however you spell it) and thought I'd look lovely in it. I thought my chair would look lovely in it! I'm planning on using the middle bird as the top of the chair cushion. Oh, and the dress was only $4.99 AND it was 1/2 price. That's my kind of fabric price. Be watching for more pieces of this dress to show up in the future!

3 comments:

  1. I love it. Now I am even more excited to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gonna look so cool! AND it will make the khaki less boring! (: And the khaki will let the fabric stand out!

    ReplyDelete